Not Technically A Mailbag


This was a comment left on my How To Be A Good Christian Wife article, I've brought it here so that the advice I give might be able to help others in a similar situation.

NC Wife wrote:

Needing scripture to help me be a good christian wife when my husband is not a christian husband that would be pleasing to God. He works only as hard as he wants to and when he wants to. He is mean, curses and could care less about being a better husband. He goes to church almost every Sunday but complains about everyone there. I was trying to fix him but time and time again I was told to work on me. I work two jobs to provide for us and our 3 boys. I am faithful to my husband. However, I think of leaving him each and every day but I know that is me thinking and not God. So, I need some scripture to help me be a GOOD Christian wife even though my fresh is telling me other wise.

Dear NC Wife:

"Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?"

Get yourself a good divorce lawyer. Your Husband is not a Christian considering the way he treats you. He is to love you as Christ loved the Church. He is not to be harsh with you. He should praise you, be captivated by you. He is to be thankful for you, for you are a blessing to him from God. You don't need to worry, kick his ass to the curb. God understands.

I'd also like to add, that it is true, you can't fix him, you need to work on fixing you. However, this work is for you, not for him, so if anyone tells you that you need to submit to this asshole, they are not giving you Christian advice. They are trying to make things easier for this scumbag who is not obeying God's laws on how to treat his wife and I would run far and fast from ANY Church that only favors him in counselling simply because he is a man. God would NEVER want you to submit to this man as you submit to Christ. Ever. And why on earth would you ever think you need to?

So, you need to change in order to please God. Now pack his shit up and put it on the porch.

Comments

And Annie lays it down like the Queen of Christ she is!

Seriously, pack that shit right up and put him and his sorry arse out on the stoop.

And don't let him have the dog. It only gives him the message that God forgives him.
AnnieAngel said…
He gets nothing but his shoes, his dirty clothes and his clean clothes all mixed together UNFOLDED in garbage bags.

No dog, no toothbrush, no deodorant, no comb.
Would you give him the phonebook? I would rip out the good pages and then give it to him. After the dog pees on it, of course.

BTW, RoD is down! Damn Res hasn't fixed it. I am guest blogging at empireofthesenseless.blogspot.com if you want to stop by and say hello.
AnnieAngel said…
Nope, no phone book. And don't throw him out on a weekend, it gives him too much time to become situated before work on Monday. Do it on a week night around 9PM, he'll be properly discombobulated and probably even cry.

Tell that damn Res to hurry up and fix RoD!!

Popular posts from this blog

A Prayer For Those Who Hate Me

Boycott Cat Stevens And His New Album